A.C. Valdez is a Peabody Award winning radio producer and editor, who has worked at shows such as Tell Me More, The Kojo Nnamdi Show, America Abroad, and Latino USA. His leadership at Latino USA won the show its first Peabody Award in its 20+ year history and tripled its audience in two years.
He’s worked with producers and reporters from Brazil to Turkey and produced radio performances with musical acts like The Noisettes, La Mecánica Popular and Gogol Bordello’s Eugene Hutz. He’s also documented the history of counterinsurgency strategy in Iraq and Afghanistan and conducted interviews with subjects as diverse as MacArthur Genius Ruth Behar and General Stanley McChrystal.
His projects with the Panoply network include Side Hustle School, The Ezra Klein Show, Vox’s The Weeds, and Our National Conversation About Conversations About Race. He has served as a guest lecturer and editor at CUNY’s graduate journalism school and DePaul University. He is a graduate of Emerson College’s Broadcast Journalism program.
A.C. provides a variety of services on a freelance basis, including:
- Writing for radio, television, film, and the web
- Audio/radio/podcast production and editing
- Audio/radio studio design
- Commercial songwriting (jingles, theme songs, etc.)
- Tape synchs, production, and recording for radio programs and podcasts
- Quality control for audio recordings
- Workshops for students and educators on media-related topics such as:
- How to Interview
- Fair Use for Educators
- Free Multimedia Resources
- Audio/Video Gathering & Editing
- The Creative Commons
Rates vary by project, please email acvaldez at gmail dot com to inquire.